At Streem, we provide Media Intelligence services to some of Australia’s leading corporate & government organisations, this includes Samsung, Qantas, The Australian Government, ANZ Bank, MYER, and more. Our mission is to provide a realtime service that empowers media teams to be a step ahead. Inspired by a team of talented media and technology professionals, an amazing culture and remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the landscape, one client at a time!
Sydney / Australia (remote) / NZ (remote)
Job & team
While our stack of choice is Ruby on Rails for API & background processing on the backend + VueJS SPA on the frontend, our software and data engineers come from various backgrounds (Java, Node, Perl, React, Angular...)
Some of us are stronger on the backend, other on the frontend, but we all work collaboratively top to bottom and we believe in using the most appropriate tool for the job.
Day to day we work on improving the performance and quality of our content collection technology, build new and better ways of alerting and reporting information to our users in our desktop & mobile apps, enhance our infrastructure to be more automated and reliable as we scale. We deploy on GCP cloud and aim for the sweet spot between modular monolith and micro-services.
The variety and the amount of content (text, audio, video, images, PDF) we analyse make for many interesting challenges so we promise you will learn new things and won't get bored.
Tasks & responsibilities
Work with our engineering team to improve the existing platform and bring new features to life in our desktop/mobile/admin apps all the way from concept to deployment
Write efficient, maintainable and tested code that the rest of the team can rely on and refactor with confidence
Evaluate and build upon multiple external APIs and services available out there
Implement our own services where it makes sense to do so
Be involved in architecture, technology & tooling decisions
Deploy every day!
Skills and experience
You are an enthusiastic software engineer with 4 to 8 years of experience across the whole web stack, familiar with Rails & Vue or keen to transfer skills from similar frameworks in different languages.
An interest in news & media, data science and natural language processing and experience with with Elasticsearch databases are a bonus. Roles are flexible and we like to play on everyone strengths and interests.
What are the Benefits?
- Work from our brand Surry Hills new office, 3 mins from Central station, including end-of-trip facilities and bike storage
- Working with a group of 100+ dedicated, motivated, and loyal staff
- In-house dining (lunch) prepared by Streem’s dedicated chef 4x days per week
- External reward activities based on performance
- Access to education and training paid for by Streem, to the value of $3k per year for each staff member + access to salary sacrifice
- Additional leave including your birthday and mental health days when you need them
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), providing you an outlet for confidential support in your personal and professional life