Donorbox is the leading fundraising platform and donor management system for nonprofit organizations. Our mission is to accelerate positive impact worldwide by helping nonprofits become highly effective at raising funds and managing their supporter base. Since 2014, we have helped more than 80,000 global organizations raise over $2B in donations from over 10 million donors.
Our fast-growing company is profitable and bootstrapped (we also offer stock options) with a healthy run rate. We have a diverse, motivated team that is fully remote, with 100+ team members in 10 states and 15 countries.
Software engineering is a highly respected department in our company. We want to help engineers deploy high-quality, well-tested code that powers global philanthropy.
- Build and maintain exciting features used by millions of users.
- Enforce well-written tests and clean code. Refactor and delete code for long-term usability.
- Review and test pull requests
- Help our support agents with technical questions during shifts.
- Deploy priority bug fixes
- Collaborate with product managers/designers/cross-functional teams to understand requirements and translate them into technical solutions.
- 7+ years as a Software Engineer
- 4+ years of Ruby on Rails experience.
- Write clean, maintainable HTML and CSS
- Strong proficiency in SQL
- Excellent communication skills, and the flexibility that is needed for working in a small, distributed team.
- Intermediate English writing and speaking skills
- Ability to work independently and solve problems without direct orders.
- Hiring from Latin America Only
Current Technical Stacks
- Ruby on Rails
- Vanilla JS
- Hotwire (turbo, stimulus)
- Postgres & Redis
Benefits & Perks
- Fully remote work
- Stock options (0.03%-0.05%)
- Reimbursement credit for home office set-up and work laptop.
- Health insurance premium reimbursements, up to 75% for you and your family
- PTO of 21 days (birthday included), 8 holidays of your choosing, and 2 paid volunteer days
- Wellness program with fitness and mindfulness classes
- Help thousands of social impact organizations improve the world.
- Work inside an apolitical, no-nonsense, mission-driven company.
- Culture of fewer meetings and async communication
- What are the last 3 three books you have read?
- Prove links to 2-3 projects you are most proud of. Describe your role and accomplishment in each project.
- What part of Donorbox or this job post made you want to apply?
- How do the principles of Progressive Enhancement and Graceful Degradation factor into your approach to web development, and in what ways do you believe they enhance the overall user experience?
- What does the C in CSS mean? How does this affect the way you approach writing CSS.
- Please upload 1-2 small code samples that you have written. Explain your work. If it was a refactor, show us how you improve the code.